October 2, 2017
Spoil Yourself with a Stay at Home Date Night!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we’ve been thinking up some dreamy suggestions for a romantic date night right in your Shawn Forth home. Here are our top 5 ideas on how you can still spark the romance with your loved one while staying at home!
1. What’s the most romantic spot in your home? In front of the fireplace, of course! So light it up and actually relax in front of it. Grab your significant other, a bottle of your favorite wine and something to snack on… then enjoy the warm glow.
2. Share a quiet meal. Send the kids away and treat yourself to a real dinner made from scratch in your gourmet kitchen! It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive, but something you can enjoy together.
3. Have a movie night. The family room, loft or den are just the spot when you add a comfy couch, a large TV and a good stereo system. Pick a theme, pop some popcorn, and settle in for the evening.
4. Start “Date Night” with a “Spa Day”. Who says you have to leave the comforts of home to pamper yourself? Relax in your soaking tub. Enjoy a long, steamy shower. Give yourself a mani-pedi. Unplug your technology. Wear your PJs all day and veg out.
5. Go to bed early. It’s a fact that we live in an “always-on” world… so sleep is practically a luxury! After your romantic dinner or movie night, cuddle up and decompress in your spacious master suite. Splurge on some new sheets, fluffy blankets, or new sleepwear. Turn down the lights, turn off the technology, and give in to sleep!