Position: Construction Superintendent
Objective: THIS JOB IS FOR AN ON SITE NEW CONSTRUCTION HOMES CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (BUILDER)
Experience: 3+ Years (or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management)
Objectives: Manage daily construction activities.
Job Type: Full Time
If you are a results-oriented individual looking to deliver homes of high quality on schedule, at budget per specifications and have satisfied and delighted customers, we invite you to explore joining our award-winning company.
The successful candidate will possess strong attention to detail, superior organizational and planning skills along with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and provide consistent follow-through. A bachelor’s degree in construction management OR 3 + years of previous residential construction or remodeling experience are preferred.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that homes are built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, and company quality standards.
- Monitor production schedules, critical paths for projects, trade contractor schedules, and cost control to ensure that homes are completed on time and meet expected quality levels.
- Manage and enforce scopes of work to allow completions of all aspects of homebuilding activities.
- Discuss all scopes of work with trade contractors and suppliers.
- Approve completed work
- Monitor plan changes. Inspect homes under construction.
- Provide top-level office management support.
- Continued development of scopes for all Trade Partners for use by field and office personnel.
- Maintain strong, productive supplier and trade contractor relationships.
- Communicate company’s quality and performance standards to each trade contractor and supplier. Conduct periodic work inspections to ensure that those standards are met.
- Monitor project quality and cost control.
- Provide schedule reports and updates of status of projects at weekly production meetings.
- Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Design and implement checklists for inspections, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
- Assists in evaluating specifications to plan procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements.
- Monitor unused material and oversee proper returns and credits
- Walk through assigned homes daily. Take overall responsibility for keeping sites tidy during construction
Areas of Accountability:
- Management of Subcontractors & Vendors
- Maintain building schedule in CoConstruct (our project management scheduling software)
- Deliver project on schedule
- Schedule all building inspections timely
- Follow company systems and procedures
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment that strives for continuous quality improvement, we welcome you to apply!
For consideration, please send resumes via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please reference “Construction Superintendent Position”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.