While many families are preparing for the back-to-school rush, others are searching homes for sale in OKC to find the perfect place to live. If you’re trying to do both, don’t despair. We have some hints and tips to make preparing for the first day of school fun for the whole family.
- Get your child’s school friends together for a late-summer party to renew their connections. This is especially helpful for younger kids, who may feel more insecure about returning to the classroom. If this will be your small child’s first year at a new school, consider meeting at the school playground as a warm-up to the first day.
- Take your children out as a group or individually for one last big fun day out before school starts. Swim at the local pool, go fishing, attend a professional sports event or try something entirely new. Stop for a cool treat on the way home.
- Have the kids make a video the night before school. Ask them to relate their hopes and goals for the school year, their future career ideas and how they think this year will be better than the previous year.
- Let the grandparents take kids out for a special dinner while you relax at home or go out for a nice evening of your own.
- Plan a back-to-school shopping day for each child. Let them choose their school supplies, backpacks, lunch boxes and clothes. Take them out to their favorite restaurant for lunch or dinner and talk positively about the upcoming school year.
- Plan some lunchbox ideas together. Make a shopping list that includes a few favorites for each child. Write down 5-7 lunch and snack ideas and keep the list in the kitchen to make mornings easier.
Canyon Lakes is a family-friendly gated community in Edmond OK. Students attend Deer Creek school district, one of the best in the state. Deer Creek is rated #5 out of 425 school districts in Oklahoma by Niche.com. It is also ranked in the top 10% for best teachers and athletic programs. The district maintains a 96% average graduation rate.
The community also has an 18-acre lake, walking trails, a clubhouse, playground, swimming pool and sports field. Only three lots remain, so act now to get your family into this great neighborhood!
Call Shawn Forth Homes today at 405-295-5675 today to tour the Canyon Lakes community of homes for sale in OKC.